CX500 GL500 650 Global

The Boss ain't always right,but he's always the boss!
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:06 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Use Search function for subjects

No Racism.Slanging Matches(unless witty and funny :)
No spamming.Anonymous posting disabled.Ad bots pay for the site.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:35 pm 

Yesterday, I replied to an old thread, entitled "Is CC going French?.......lol" which was a previous discussion about the Chopper Charles site and it appears that my post along with the entire thread have been deleted?

Its still http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:iNHHIyZIJ5oJ:globalcxglvtwins.forumlaunch.net/viewtopic.php%3Ff%3D20%26t%3D749+CC+site+down+site:http://globalcxglvtwins.forumlaunch.net&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a of course, minus my post from yesterday.

I simply stated that it appeared to be down again (wanted to confirm it wasn't just me) and that I had hoped we were past those issues.

Today when I logged into this site that thread is no longer here and the post I made doesn't show in my post history as far as the number of posts made, etc....

I think this board is a nice place, but as someone stated in that old thread its ashame its a backup.

Last edited by wildmanwill on Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:12 pm 
Site Admin

Location: Hull.Yorkshire.UK.2x1980 CX500ZABs:Citroen ZX TD(250,000 miles)
Sorry about that Bill.It was my fault.I wanted to move the thread to give it priority but accidentally deleted it.Doh!!

That will teach me to Internet before I wake up :o

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:18 pm 

Kardan wrote:
Sorry about that Bill.It was my fault.I wanted to move the thread to give it priority but accidentally deleted it.Doh!!

Ok, no problem. I didn't think I had done anything wrong, but was confused!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:25 pm 
Site Admin

wildmanwill wrote:
Kardan wrote:

Ok, no problem. I didn't think I had done anything wrong, but was confused!

How's the bikes?

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:46 pm 

Location: 6 miles east of the crossraods of mid-america I-55 & I-80 : Beautiful Rockdale, Illinois
It may be a l-o-n-g Memorial Day weekend. I read where Charles was gonna try and add/apply some updates/upgrades soon?

Maybe on my end......But, I don't think so, as CC has been acting rather sluggish/strange the last coupla days.

But? Having said that.........MY CX project bike is running hot. I incorporated the "lifesaver on a stick" for the Harley cans I have. I have the "e-fan" conversion, and an 80 C N.O. switch. The temp gauge seems to be working properly, and is showing about a needle width and a half to the warmer side of the thin/thick line. But, whilst running, even on a short "shake-down" cruise, (no tag, no insurance, etc) the temp gauge, nor the fan (I have a pretty blue/black LED bulb indicator light set in the dash) went down, nor cut off. :( And, it's a pretty cool day, here.....In the mid/upper 50's F.

My first thoughts are T-stat, but the chrome pipe seems to be hot.....Maybe, not hot enough though..I dunno :( I'll go out and check it out again..........Later though....lol

Was gonna post this in the "tech" section of CC, but? This'll do.

Seems, more people should use yer site more, Shep, instead of just for a "go to" when CC is down. And, I'll be the first to admit, I am to blame as well.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 12:23 am 
Site Admin

Hi Bman.Yes I've had some trouble with CCs.I'm sure it will get fixed.I'll keep this place going as long as the host keeps it free and lets me :)

As for your heat problem you should determine if it's actually running hot or just reporting running hot.

The best way to do this is with a cheap Temp gun like I use,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Non-Contact-IR- ... 5653a907f5

and at idle and the needle on the nominal mark point like below and it should read around 82/85 Deg C(These guns have a button for C and F so it's easy).

Also is the 7v Regulator can give a false reading so,

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=257

Recap
Rad cores must not be blocked(Can be 20% blocked and still operate)
Rad cap must be nominal(Decrease in pressure increases possibility of boiling)
Rad fins must be clear of debris
Thermostat must operate at correct temperature(Pan test in boiling water) and ours are 82 Deg C automotive ones.
Rad hoses must be secure e.g no leaks or inner collapse
Impeller must be secure and no blades missing.
Inner engine coolant passages must not be blocked(Coolant system flush),
http://www.pdsrecording.site90.com/cxgl500/Coolant.htm

If you have fitted an Efan make sure the polarity is correct.If the fan is mounted behind the Rad it must,"Pull" air through,not blow forward!

Bespoke replies for the discerning poster
<grin> :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 12:14 am 

Location: 6 miles east of the crossraods of mid-america I-55 & I-80 : Beautiful Rockdale, Illinois
Thanks, (you'll always be "Shep", to me....lol) Kardan.
Thanks for the recommendation of procuring me a temp. gun. My next door neighbor has one he uses to check the heat on the heads of his 540c.i. big block chevy. I SHALL get me one of those. I "thinks" the gauge is alright, as it seems to be reading correctly. Add to that the 80C N.O. switch seems to be lining up with the readings on the gauge? Methinks the problem may be else wheres. The thermostat, OR? those lifesavers on a stick that I made up and installed on those Harley cans, MAY be adding to this. But, can't confirm as yet. I really like those "can-tuners", as they certainly quieted her down. Not sure as to how much better they aid in engine tuning, but, I suppose I'll find out in time, eh? What I did to be able to make adjustments to the washers, was cut a screwdriver slot onto the ends of the 1/4" inch bolts with the cutting wheel of my dremel tool. Worked like a charm, it did.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 11:01 pm 
Site Admin

Just keep chipping away at it Bear and I'm sure the fault will reveal itself :)