Petcock Valve

Correctly servicing the Carburettors on these bikes is paramount to good running and fuel economy so any work done will pay back in better mileage :)
Forum rules
To use Search function add Asterisks around the words like *fork oil*

No Racism.Slanging Matches(unless witty and funny :)
No spamming.Anonymous posting disabled.

Petcock Valve

Postby Ben52 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:50 pm

Quick question. When I rebuild my petcock, I put the new bladder in. I am still tinkering with the carbs, and removed the tank. Forgot to turn off the petcock ( it was on reserve. ) I played with it a little. When in the On position, it trickles out. When on reserve, it flows full strength. I thought with the vacuum system on these things, the petcock wasn't supposed to release any fuel, when the engine was off. Is this wrong? I cant find the tread that I read this on. Does anybody have a decent blow up of the petcock so that I can inspect mine? it isnt in the Honda Service manual.

Thanks.
Ben52

Re: Petcock Valve

Postby Gman » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:35 pm

Hopefully some one with better knowledge will help Ben but you are right AFAIK.The Vacuum Petcocks are not supposed to operate unless a negative partial vacuum is created as the engine runs and sucks fuel through.Personally I'd never have a VP.Just more to go wrong IMHO :roll:
Gman
Site Admin

Location: Hull.Yorkshire.UK.2x1980 CX500ZABs:Citroen ZX TD(250,000 miles)

Return to CV(Constant Velocity) Carbs