Fuel Line Size

Correctly servicing the Carburettors on these bikes is paramount to good running and fuel economy so any work done will pay back in better mileage :)
Forum rules
To use Search function add Asterisks around the words like *fork oil*

No Racism.Slanging Matches(unless witty and funny :)
No spamming.Anonymous posting disabled.

Fuel Line Size

Postby Ben52 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:24 am

Never mind. The nice folks at napa forgot to put it in the bag yesterday. Thought I lost the fuel line but it turns out Im not crazy.

Rebuilt the carbs with one of Randakk's kits. Very good kit. All kinds of washes and gaskets and diaphragms. Put new throttle cables on. New battery and petcock kit. So far so good. I have replaced all the other hoses w new napa fuel line... much cheaper than Honda Parts and equal in all reguards. The exeption was the hose between the petcock and the right carb. A vacuum line. It is a touch smaller inside dia., but with a touch of lube they went on. But the hose clamps are old and much too small now. (I dont think they were doing anything before anyway, they were shot.) How much pressure is in that line? Will I be OK?

Oh, I skipped taking the carbs apart from each other to replace the rubbers in the tube running between the two. I don't think they are bad. Anybody have any trouble with these?

Thanks

50cc Harley (very old)when I was ten yrs old
70s cb 125
rebuilt a 1973 cb350, and rode the heck out of it
1984 Honda Interceptor 700
2004 R1 all suped up, rebuilt and hit 187 mph with it. Not even close to redline.
Now Im cruzin on a classic. (soon I hope)
Ben52

Re: Fuel Line Size

Postby Gman » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:44 pm

The standard fuel line is 6mm(1/4").

I use neoprene as it doesn't decay like rubber tubing :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Black-Fuel-Line-1-4 ... 27b17f1586

Also useful for brake bleeding pipe etc.I also have a piece on a Aux tank for carb balancing :)
Gman
Site Admin

Location: Hull.Yorkshire.UK.2x1980 CX500ZABs:Citroen ZX TD(250,000 miles)

Return to CV(Constant Velocity) Carbs