my cx

Anything you like about your favourite rides,spots or just pictures of your Bike/s Family whatever you like really etc
Forum rules
To use Search function add Asterisks around the words like *fork oil*

No Racism.Slanging Matches(unless witty and funny :)
No spamming.Anonymous posting disabled.

my cx

Postby beef » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:27 am

i have had bikes for the last ten years or so, and have had hard tail choppers. harleys and others as well
but me and a mate are going to hungary in june and i wanted something for the trip. he has a couple of cx's and i fancied one. saw mine on ebay and had to have it.

this is as i got my cx. complete with fairing and panniers. all for £340
needs a couple of bits doing to it. new speedo cable, and seat recovering, also needs a switch for the front brake lever, but having stripped and cleaned the master cylinder i have decided to replace the unit, got one off ebay for £20,

also want to do a couple of other bits. change the bars for some buckhorn type ones, maybe gl ones. as the one on there at the min are a tad to low and narrow for me and also catch on the fairing at full lock.
i also want to install a cig lighter socket in one of the pockets on the front fairing so i can mount my sat nav for the euro trip.
other than that there is not alot else i want or need to do to it. apart from ride it..
beef

Re: my cx

Postby Gman » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:44 pm

I can understand you wanting to change the bars if they catch but quite a lot of GL 500 silverwing/CX500C Custom owners go the other way and get fed up with the,"Buckhorn" bars.I had a set of Custom bars on this Cx500 similar to Buckhorns.They are terrible for high speed cornering for me so went to Daytona/Brit bars.
All a matter of personal taste and use.

If you haven't already,change ALL the fluids including the drive box oil :)
Gman
Site Admin

Location: Hull.Yorkshire.UK.2x1980 CX500ZABs:Citroen ZX TD(250,000 miles)

Postby beef » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:49 pm

i have not changed the fluids yet, but they are on the list to do. along with fitting some fork gators and the other bits i mentioned.
i need to change the bars because they are about 100mm to narrow for me really. and need to be a bit higher for them to be perfectly comfortable, will be doing some checking and comparing before comitting to a new set though.
beef

Postby Gman » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:56 pm

I would try s slightly higher rise bar but not too swept back if possible.

The bars are standard 7/8"(22mm) bars so there's loads around to choose from,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=m ... &_from=R40
Gman
Site Admin

Location: Hull.Yorkshire.UK.2x1980 CX500ZABs:Citroen ZX TD(250,000 miles)

Return to Pictures and Best rides