7" headlight+ H4 bulb+Parking light alternative

Any Mods:Tricks:Customizations:tips.any jobs you have done where you have had to manufacturer your own solutions.Cheap parts to use etc
Forum rules
To use Search function add Asterisks around the words like *fork oil*

No Racism.Slanging Matches(unless witty and funny :)
No spamming.Anonymous posting disabled.

7" headlight+ H4 bulb+Parking light alternative

Postby Gman » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:27 pm

The silver backing inside my present ride CX500's headlight started to come away.Went looking for a new inner.Could not find one from Normal Honda spares suppliers(NLA) so did some detective work(as usual<grin>).

Original Lens are Stanley 001-1815 7" E4 for driving on the left.Right hand side road riding ones are different of course.

Took inner to Scrapyard and local Trade Autospares.Got some info.Was told it looks like ones fitted to older Land-rovers around Late 1980.Found some on Ebay.Luckily the seller also had a contact phone number so had a chat and lens seemed to match ish.

£25 UK for two including P&P and bulbs.Bargain :mrgreen:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Classic-Car-H ... 2a15f8bd03

"Classic Car Halogen Headlight Lamp Conversion Kit 7inch Wipac vw tvr land rover"

Autopal HL-101 E4 HC/RO2 on the lens.

Got them today.They are almost a perfect fit and they also came with New H4 Bulbs and parking bulbs which I don't use as I have Xenon H4 bulbs and an LED parking bulb.

The glass to rim joint is a little shallower than the originals

so a quick bit of thinking and a couple of small bits of old rubber car mat super-glued to the fronts cured the loose fit.

Brand new rubber Rain boot there as well!
Job done for another 30 years :lol: 8-)

Gman
Site Admin

Location: Hull.Yorkshire.UK.2x1980 CX500ZABs:Citroen ZX TD(250,000 miles)

Return to Tips And Tricks(Inc Cheaper substitutes)